ABC Units and BC Units

1.verfify that the proper amount of nitrogen pressure is in extinguisher.

2.Determin that the proper amount of agent is in the unit.

3.Pull pin ck valve and opening for obstruction.

4.Check date of manufacture and last service.

5.If unit is 6 yr old but less than 12 it will have to be rebuilt or "6yeared"

6.If unit is 12 yrs old it will have to be replaced or hydro tested.

7.Our trucks are equipped with exchange units and new units and parts.

8.The certification is to be done on a yearly basis per NFPA#10 and your

local Authority having Jurisdiction.

9.Most insurance carriers for commercial business also require the same and

 in some case even more often to keep insurance in force.

10.It is the responsibility of the business to look at gauge on a monthly basis to see

if unit will still operate properly.

11.Centexfiresystems keeps records of all certifications with date done and service.

12.A rule of thumb is a 10# or typical 3a 60 bc if selling fuel, located at door way and a 5#

2a 10bc minimum inside usually storage area. All commercial extinguishers will exceed or meet this requirement.

NFPA is 2a 10 bc basically for a 2000 sq.ft. store. A licensed tech can explain particulars in each case.

K-Class Units

1.All of the previous portable checks except the time and 6yr requirement.

2.K Class units are required to be hydro tested every 5 yrs and the chemical replaced.

3.All Kitchen cooking areas are required to have these units per NFPA and or your

Local Authority and your insurance company.

CO2 Units

The same is required but the use is not the same and should only be used if ABC,BC are not

practical. They are not to be used in kitchens.